The Hunger Games Update

Monday, March 19, 2012


I just finished the first book of The Hunger Games trilogy. I must say, it was interesting, suspenseful and the main characters were enduring.
But...I wanted a little more background of Katniss and Gale. The book spent a few pages detailing their relationship but I didn't feel Katniss was very connected to Gale. Because of this, it was easy for me to root for Peeta (and why wouldn't I?!). I also wasn't thrilled with the ending of the first book...I know we are left hanging because it is book one but it seemed to just abruptly end. I needed just a little more closure. As for the mutants at the end-how was this possible and why does the Capitol have the authority to do such a thing? (We need more info/background!) Perhaps it will be explained later.
It was great book and I am looking forward to the film :)
BTW-3 more days!!!! Overall, my initial experience with the books is a B+.

No comments:

Post a Comment