Trying out the "Pins" in my Pinterest Boards - Round One

Monday, January 28, 2013

I am an avid pinner.
Just recently, I have been trying out some of the "good ideas" that are pinned on Pinterest. In the past, I have mainly used recipes from Pinterest (most of them turned out pretty good) but the organizing, DIY and helpful tips and tricks pins sit in their "Boards" going unused.
I am in the last week -of my six month- of pregnancy (whoo!) and that good ol' Nesting Stage has hit...FULL FORCE! You should have seen me this past weekend...among organizing cabinets and closets, cleaning out the refrigerator and deep cleaning the bathrooms, I also washed our bedroom pillows and cleaned the carpets with my mother-in-law's Bissell Homecare Powersteamer Powerbrush! I also cooked every meal we had this weekend...
I am exhausted just thinking about it. Fortunately, I was able to fit in a bath in our whirlpool tub. (BTW, I was told several times when we were building our house to not to get a whirlpool tub installed in our master bath. People claimed that even though they had one, they NEVER used it. I guess I enjoy my "me" time and use this sucker ALL THE TIME! I love it!)
I decided this weekend to put some of those pins to use. Here are the pins that I tried out:
{Store laundry detergent & dryer sheets in clear jars}
I use liquid detergent but I always add a tablespoon of Borax and
Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda to every load.
I keep the mixture and the fabric sheets in jars.

{Clean your bedroom pillows}
I honestly don't clean pillows too often,
unless something is spilled or they start to have that
-not so fresh- smell. I'm glad I saw this!
My pillows will be washed 3 times a year from now on!!
I would advise against using a fabric softener
that is scented. Yeah sure, it smells good.
But after smelling it for 8 hours...Headache!


{Clean your baseboards with Bounce Dryer Sheets}
I gave this a whirl...it seriously works!
WAY better than dusting with a cloth!



{Homemade Frappuccino}
I have been making smoothies like crazy but Saturday
 night I wanted something a little more decadent.
I gathered my ingredients and made myself a
delicious homemade frozen blended coffee.
(Ice, Milk, Ovaltine, Torani Hazelnut Syrup and cold brewed coffee :P)
...or in other words...Hazelnut Mocha!




{Add essential oil in the cardboard tube of toilet paper}
I added a few drops of Mandarin Lime oil from BBW to our roll.
Keeps the bathroom spelling fresh!




{Make your Home smell like Williams Sonoma}
A few sprigs of rosemary,
lemon slices and a teaspoon of
vanilla in a pot and let it simmer on the stove.
It smelled fresh, sweet and not too strong! :)




If you would like to see more ideas from my Boards...

No comments:

Post a Comment