Nicholas Sparks Movie List

Wednesday, January 16, 2013



1. A Walk to Remember

*The story of two North Carolina teens, Landon Carter and Jamie Sullivan, who are thrown together after Landon gets into trouble and is made to do community service.

I have to admit that the first time I saw A Walk to Remember, I didn't like it. I felt like it was every teen romance/drama rolled into one. It was corny and some of the "actors" were hard to watch due to their lack of experience. I gave the book a try and then watched the movie again. I began to like it. By the third time I watched the movie, I loved it! It brings back memories of my teenage years and my first love. It is now one of my favorite movies and it tops my Nicholas Sparks movie list!
 
 


2. The Notebook

*A poor and passionate young man falls in love with a rich young woman and gives her a sense of freedom. They soon are separated by their social differences.

The Notebook comes in at a very close second on the list. The actors, dialogue and the storyline are all top-notch. This too was difficult for me the first time around because of the real-life issues that take place. It will leave you with a bitter-sweet feeling.
 
 


3. The Lucky One

*A Marine travels to Louisiana after serving three tours in Iraq and searches for the unknown woman he believes was his good luck charm during the war.

I was on a movie binge when I came across this film. I picked it up and discovered it was based on a Nicholas Sparks novel...so I rented it! This was a pleasant surprise! I felt like finally Mr. Sparks let us have exactly what we wanted (or what I wanted)-a happy ending!!! It has some cheese-factor but all around, this one left me satisfied. I bought it at Amazon.com during Black Friday on Bluray for 3.99! It was my Christmas gift to myself :)
 
 


4. The Last Song

*A drama centered on a rebellious girl who is sent to a Southern beach town for the summer to stay with her father. Through their mutual love of music, the estranged duo learn to reconnect.

I read The Last Song before the movie was released and felt a little let-down when I heard good ole Hannah Montana was playing the lead. Greg Kinnear was my last hope. I gave it a chance and am so happy I did! I have to admit that Miley Cyrus was actually tolerable and her chemistry with Greg Kinnear was remarkable. Again, another bitter-sweet ending but what else do you expect from Nicholas?
 
 


5. Dear John

*A romantic drama about a soldier who falls for a conservative college student while he's home on leave.

I have only seen Dear John once and didn't care for it. It didn't pull any heartstrings and the female lead did nothing to gain my sympathy. I will give the book a whirl and try the movie once more. Maybe I missed something, but in the end...this was my least favorite of the Sparks films.
 
 


Safe Haven
February 14, 2013

*A young woman with a mysterious past lands in Southport, North Carolina where her bond with a widower forces her to confront the dark secret that haunts her.
UPDATE (8/7/2013): This has gone to the TOP of my N.S. movie list. I absolutely LOVED it!


   

I have yet to see Nights in Rodanthe and Message in a Bottle but I will add the synopsis with a review within the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment