Harry Potter Home

Friday, February 17, 2012


It's hard to believe that this will be my first post in reference to Harry Potter! So I should probably make it good ;)
I am currently in the middle of building my first, brand-new home so I have searched high and low for crafty ways to incorporate Harry Potter into my decor scheme. Listed below are some interesting HP decor DIY's!
(These photos were found among other bloggers, Pinterest, and other various sites...these are not my personal photos. )

This may be purchased on www.ETSY.com but I thought this would be pretty simple to re-produce. I love the picture in the middle.

Need some photos in your kitchen? Why not a recipe for Butter Beer?! Love it-it's going to be framed in my kitchen!
I bought two black side tables from IKEA about 3 years ago and being the cheap furniture that they are...the tops of them are looking pretty hideous today. I found this idea for a table top cover on www.Pinterest.com and decided that this was the way to go! I grabbed a softcover copy of Sorcerer's Stone, tore out my favorite pages and decoupaged them on top of one of the tables (just to try it out). It turned out awesome but if I could make one slight change-I would take a stamp to the outside of the pages in either an orange or gold color...OR take a lighter to burn the edges.


No comments:

Post a Comment