Last week I posted some beautiful/adorable wreaths, most of which were DIY from other bloggers. I didn't want to buy a wreath-they are expensive and un-personalized. So I hit up Hobby Lobby and made my own wreath!
1 twig wreath - Any size
2-4 Flower bunches with stems
Hot glue or Tacky glue
1. Place the wreath face up on your work space.
2. Divide the flowers by cutting the stems away from the bunch.
3. Lay the flowers on the wreath the way you would like them arranged. I took one flower and placed it on the wreath, grabbed the next color and lay it upon the stem of the first. I went all the way around until most of the stems were used.
4. When they are all laid out to your liking, cut away the leaves on the bottom of the first stem. This will make it easier to put in the wreath.
5. Weave the stem through the twigs of the wreath until it is secure.
6. Grab the next stem and weave it through the twig wreath until it is secure. Make sure the buds are covering the stem of the first flower you inserted.
7. Repeat #6 until you have made it all the way around the wreath. If you would like the stems more secure, use hot glue or tacky glue to attach them to the wreath.
8. Spread the buds out to fill in any gaps.
There you have it! It was an easy, fun and inexpensive project that took 20 minutes, start to finish. Now...on to personalizing!!!