The Many Uses of Coconut Oil

Wednesday, August 1, 2012


My face is usually clear but I am very self conscience of my arms because of my keratosis pilaris (skin condition in which a protein in the skin called keratin forms hard plugs within hair follicles). It causes small bumps that look like "goose bumps" on my upper arms. Years ago a dermatologist prescribed me with a medicated lotion but I didn't notice a difference so I stopped using it. Plus, it smelled terrible! The bumps and redness remained...

Recently, I discovered that COCONUT OIL may be used to heal keratosis pilaris...so I bought a jar! On the label it listed that the oil may also be used as hair conditioner, skin moisturizer, cooking oil and as a dietary supplement-right out of the jar. After doing a bit of research online, I found out that coconut oil may be used for all kinds of purposes!
Just to name a few:
  • Homemade toothpaste (it also whitens teeth!)
  • Deodorant
  • Face and body moisturizer
  • Homemade Bar soap
  • Homemade shampoo
  • Dandruff relief and lice treatment
  • Kills bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, gum diseases, and other bacterial infections if consumed in small quantities
  • Natural anti-inflammatory 
  • Replace cooking oil with coconut oil in the kitchen
  • Replacement for Crisco or butter in recipes like pie or pastry crust
  • Coconut oil can also be used to sauté veggies and other food
  • Coconut oil is also available scentless and tasteless



  • Purchase on Amazon by clicking here:
    List of various uses:

No comments:

Post a Comment