Thanksgiving - Thankful

Thursday, November 1, 2012

I get so excited for the 'most wonderful time of the year' that I go straight from Halloween to Christmas, completely skipping Thanksgiving all together.
 
I was reminded today of what Thanksgiving is all about; being thankful for what I have.
 I am thankful for the people that are in my life. Thankful for the love I have from and for everyone around me. Thankful for my family's health. Thankful for my husband and my son and how I am blessed to have them in my life.
 
Even though my family has suffered a great tragedy in the past, I believe these events led me to the wonderful life I have today. As they say, "God works in mysterious ways." But I admit, I sometimes dwell on what I have lost and forget what I have right in front of me; Life, Love and Happiness.
 
I thought I would share the story behind my thankfulness that is both beautiful and inspiring. It made me forget all the "troubles" I thought I had in my life. It made me truly grateful for what really matters...the love of God and my loving family.
 
 
 
Meet Tripp
 
 
Tripp was born on May 14, 2009. He was diagnosed with a rare genetic skin disease called "EB." Any type of friction on his skin or mucous membranes causes blisters. They told us he would not live to be a year old. Every day he amazes us by his strength. He is a fighter and with all he has been through, he has never given up. He is the strongest person I know. Tripp wakes up each morning with a smile on his face. Every day spent with him is a blessing. God has a special plan for him. I'm just blessed to be able to witness that plan.
 
 


Tripp is on constant pain medicine, but on most occasions (when he is not down from an infection or acutely sick), he is a very playful, happy boy who LOVES to play the drums.
 
He is VERY smart and despite not being able to speak/see, he has definitely been given a gift of hearing and an ear for music. He can play his drums perfectly to the rhythm of any tune:)
I am one PROUD Momma.


 
On January 14, 2012, Tripp received his wings and went to be with Jesus.
My baby took his last breath, in the rocking chair, in my arms.
Our hearts are broken.
I truly appreciate your prayers and support through this unbearable time.
Mommy misses you, my little angel.
And you are always, ALWAYS in my heart.
 
You can meet Tripp and his mommy HERE.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment